Immigration Newswire

Changing Your Address with USCIS 

Posted by Emilie (Ronald) Gough | Jun 20, 2023 | 0 Comments

All noncitizens in the United States are required to notify USCIS of a change of address within 10 days of moving (with the exception A and G visa holders and visa waiver visitors) regardless of if they have a pending petition. 

It is necessary to do this even if you have already changed your address with the U.S. Postal Service (USPS); changing your address with USPS does not change your address with USCIS. This helps to ensure that USCIS sends any future notices to the correct address. 

There are two ways to notify USCIS of your change of address:

  • Through your USCIS online account if you filed your form online (or you filed a paper form that has a receipt number that begins with IOE); or
  • By submitting Form AR-11, Alien's Change of Address Card
    • This can be done online here
    • The following categories of applicants must file their Form AR-11 by mail (the specific mailing addresses can be found here
      • Victims of Domestic Violence, Trafficking, and other crimes
      • Form I-751 Abuse waivers 

If you have a case pending with USCIS, you will need to include the specific case number. 

About the Author

Emilie (Ronald) Gough

Emilie E. Ronald is an Associate Attorney. She first joined the Law Offices of James D. Eiss in 2018 as a Law Clerk during her second year of law school. She was admitted as an attorney in the state of New York in January 2020. Emilie primarily focuses on TNs, L-1s, E-1s, E-2s, O-1s, and R-1s. Sh...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

The Law Offices of James D. Eiss Is Here for You

At The Law Offices of James D. Eiss, we focus our practice on employment-based immigration law and we are here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.

Contact Us Today

The Law Offices of James D. Eiss is committed to answering your questions.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.