We've finally learned the exact details of the 2024 domestic H-1B visa renewal pilot program expected to start in 2024. In details published in the Federal Register, we have learned the following information:
How many applications will be accepted?
- 20,000 total, with 4,000 application slots being made available weekly on
- January 29
- February 5
- February 12
- February 19
- February 26
- Of the 4,000 available weekly, 2,000 will be reserved for visas issued in Canada and 2,000 per week for visas issued in India
- The online portal will lock once the maximum amount of applications for that week have been received
- If the portal closes before you can submit an application, you can try again the next week as long as slots are still available for the overall count
When can applications be submitted?
- Applications can be submitted beginning on January 29, 2024 and ending April 1, 2024 (or sooner, if all application slots are filled before April 1)
Where can applications be submitted?
You can submit an application here beginning January 29, 2024
Who is eligible?
- Those who received H-1B visas at Consulates in India and have a visa issuance date between February 1-September 30, 2021 OR
- Those who received H-1B visas at Consulates in Canada and have a visa issuance date between January 1, 2020-April 1, 2023 AND
- Those who are eligible for interview waiver AND
- Those who do are not required to pay a reciprocity fee AND
- Those who have an approved and unexpired H-1B petition AND
- Those who were admitted in H-1B status at their most recent entry to the US
Who is not eligible?
- H-4 dependents
- Anyone with an H-1B visa issued by a Consulate outside of India or Canada and/or outside of the required issuance dates
- Anyone seeking an initial issuance of an H-1B visa
- Anyone who requires a waiver
- Anyone who has an expired I-94